Wednesday, September 26, 2018

                     Confirm File Delete Dialog

 Another missing feature in Windows 10 is the confirm file delete dialog we were all so familiar with. I never noticed it too much, but when I first deleted a file in Windows 10, I was shocked to see that the file just went straight to the recycle bin. I’m sure I’ll get used to it eventually, but if you really want it back, here’s how to get it back. Navigate to the following registry key:

 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\

 Go ahead and create a new key under Policies called Explorer. Then create a new DWORDvalue and give it a name of ConfirmFileDelete. Change the value to 1 if you want the delete file dialog and 0 if you don’t want it. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment